Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #1

Powersportsmax so far so good...

Hello everyone...

New guy here. Just ordered a DB-P12 from powersportsmax and thought i would report on my experiences throughout the process. Unlike a few other users i've read about, i have had no trouble reaching anyone at powersportsmax. I have called them 5 times prior to ordering and once after ordering. Only once did they not answer the phone. And in fairness to them i called during thier lunch time. Regardless they have been very curtious and answered all my questions in a reasonable manner. So anyway...I ordered my bike on thursday June 28th late in the day...and tuesday the 2nd I called to get the tracking number (at their recomendation)...and it had already shipped from cali...on its way to me in mass. That is pretty fast processing from all the posts i have seen all over the internet about PSM and many other companies. it remains to be seen if i will have a lot of trouble tagging the bike here in mass. We'll see? And of course the MSO and the BOS are the wildcards?

So I will of course post all the details when the bike arrives...and i look forward to asking many questions and hopefully getting many answers from all you knowledgable folks.

Thanks...

Alex
8) :P
Ride on!!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #2

No tach, no rack... good price, plus I really like the style. Overall it looks like a pretty good deal as long as you didn't get roo-roo'd on the shipping.
Anyhoo, congrats! You'll enjoy the heck out of it. Now run out and buy a tube of loc-tite and some oil....

Old 07-04-2007, 03:39 AM   #3

Yeah...i wanted a tach...but could live without. The only thing I really wanted was a rack...but i like the styling and features of the DB-P12 so much more than anything else out there...that i thought i would just add my own rack.

Actually their shipping cost is among the best...$199.00 including residencial & lift gate service. Plus 4-7 day shipping. That rocks from what i've seen and heard among other distributors. It all comes out to be about the same cost of all the less expensive dealers...but the added residencial and lift gate service...plus quick shipping puts it over the top...

So far so good as the title of this topic says...

Thanks for the comment...

Alex
8) :o 8O :P
Ride On!!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #4

Paralax,,

Where in Mass?

I checked out their website.
Nice bike and inexpensive.. However it is identified as a dirt-bike. Which means the MSO may come with the phrase "Dirtbike for offroad use only"
That may pose the largest obstacle to registering it in Mass.. When you ask for the MSO you can ask them to put "Motorcycle" under body type... that would help your cause, but as they do advertise it as a dirt bike you may not be able to get them to do that. Anyway keep us posted on what happens, post your registry experience under the registration issues section so other people in Mass can learn from you..

Glad to see another New Englander on board.

Keep us posted.

NET

Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #5

Howdy NET,

I'm in western mass...in the berkshires. I'm pretty sure their aren't too many other china bikes around here...but i could be wrong?

Anyway...PSM has an MSO request form on their website that the buyer fills out after they receive the bike. I will be sure to ask for the body type to be listed as MOTORCYCLE!!

I also may receive an MSO within the shipping carton....i guess i'll find out soon enough... :roll:

Thanks again for your advice..and your comments...

Alex
:!:
Ride On!!

Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #6

Berkshires

Great riding out in the Berkshires.. I grew up in Lenox and used to like going over October mountain and coming in behind the Farnum dam on trails, I wonder if the dam is still there..

You'll have lots of good places to ride out there.

I think there is a Lifan dealer in Sheffield, MA, at least that was according to a member who bought two Lifans there..

NET

Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to STcoldcrzy
i kive in southern nh and down in lynn mass there is a lifan dealer

Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 AM   #8

That's good to know...I may look them up if i need parts...

Anyway, tomorrow is wed...and the truck is delivering my bike tomorrow. I'm very excited. I will try to remember to take pictures of the arrival and unwrapping from the crate. I should hopefully post by tomorrow evening with pics and more information on my experience...

so far so good...

Alex
8O 8) :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to edcole Send a message via Yahoo to edcole
Hey parallax, keep us posted on your new bike and take some pics for us. Looks like a real nice bike and a good buy!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #10

hey guys...the bike arrived about an hour ago...i just got done extricating it from its crate...I took a bunch of pics of it during this process. I will also document the rest of the assembly. The bike arrived perfect...although the box took a couple hits in shipping, the bike was perfect. It looks awesome!!

I am also surprised to see a 169FML engine in it rather than the 163FM it was listed as having. Anyone have any info about the 169FML motor as opposed to the 163FM? The 169 is a lifan right?

Also, the bike had a small (easily removed ) sticker on the back fender that said "for offroad use only"...and the temp MSO that was included says dirt bike on it...but my buddy next door with a few enduro's seems to think I won't have any trouble getting a reg...we'll see...

Anyway...i will try to post pictures from work tonight...I only have another hour or so to futz with this thing before work...

So far so good...

Alex
8O :? 8) :o :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #11

I believe the 169 motor is the overhead cam version.

Allen

Old 07-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #12

Alex,

Glad to hear you got your bike and in one piece. Great question about the engine number. I posted a question in the Misc section about engine numbers as there is a variety of engine numbers and Im hoping to get a consolidated definition of their differences.

Let us know how it fired up and how everything is going. Oh... and a ride report after you take her up over October Mountain lol..

NET

Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #13

parallax, glad to hear you got your bike ok, can't wait to see the pics of it.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #14

1st pics!!

Ok guys...here are the first pics i took today upon recieving and decrating my new DB-P12 from Powersportsmax.com. So far everything has been great...from purchase to delivery...it has been fast and friendly. The bike is everything i wanted and more. Although i still haven't finished putting it together yet or starting it yet...so far I am very satisfied.

Here are a few items i had wondered about prior to buying the bike that were not listed...i am listing them for those of you considering purchasing this great looking bike....i hope it helps your decision.

1) The bike has the 169FML engine (not the 163FM as in the listing)
2) It is a 5 speed bike...the shift pattern is 1 down...4 up...
3) It has a 9L fuel tank...with 1.1L reserve
4) It is made by "Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Manufacturing Co.,Ltd."
5) It's very big!!
6) It looks great...nice styling!!

I'll post more info later...that's all i can think of for now!!

Anyway...here are the first pics i took of it today...i'll post more as i finish assembly and start using it...

Shipping box took a few hits...

but inside all was fine...

169FML...looks real nice!! OHC?

California emissions approved!!

Looks real nice!!

Plastic is actually pretty good quality...i'm surprised!!

Manuals are fantastic...in color...and fairly detailed...

Yes...you do need to be able to translate the endless mispelling and gramatical errors...but oh well...

This is the temp MSO i got...on pretty heavy weight glossy paper...it may work?

Ok...so that is it for now. I'm getting out of work in a couple hours and will hopefully finish assembly tonight late....i will of course take a ton more pics for everyone's consumption. I know it would have helped me in decision process...so i hope it helps you!!

Please feel free respond with comments and suggestions...

Alex
8) :? 8O :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #15

I am curious as how it is going to sound when it is running with 2 mufflers. Looks like it has some very nice features. I like the bolted on passenger foot pegs. I like the headlight assembly a lot better than the Lifan too. Keep the pics coming as you go along.