Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #1

Help with running issues on Shineray XY200GY

Hi all,
My first post on the forum. Im looking for some help with a running issue on my Shineray, which i believe is the same as the 4 stroke Lifan.
Originally looking like this

Then after a facelift

The other day when riding home, the bike began to stall during idling, so in order to keep the engine going, i had to keep revving the engine when slowing down. The bike is now very hard to start, if and when i get it going, it again will not idle and i have to keep revving the engine.

So far, ive checked the plug, which is good, but i did notice a week spark, so ive changed the coil. The spark is now a bit better, but still finding it hard to start of idle.

Can anyone suggest things i need to check? My next job will be to strip out the carb and clean that.

Thanks in advance

Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

Have you check the valve clearance? Improperly adjusted valves can cause a lot of problems.

P.S. That's a nice looking bike!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #3

yeah i think i will do that, whats the clearance value for inlet and outlet?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevshek
yeah i think i will do that, whats the clearance value for inlet and outlet?
My bike has a Yamaha clone engine, and you have a Honda clone engine; therefore, I don't know the proper valve lash for your bike. Do you have a service manual for your bike? If not, you can check the Tech Sticky at the top of this forum and find the specs in the Valve Adjustment Tutorial thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1655

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #5

I'd use 0.05mm on the intake and 0.08mm on the exhaust. That might be a tad loose, but that's better than too tight. Set them cold.

My guess is that the slow jet is clogged, because you say that the bike will run as long as you give it some throttle.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #6

Thanks guys, im gonna do the valves now while the bike is in bits. Ill check the carb too, but i dont 100% think its a blockage. The reason i say that is because the bike originally had a 27mm carb, bought a 30mm (pz30) carb which ive been playing with and had more or less dialled in. At the time when the bike started acting up, i had the PZ27 fited. The first thing i did was to swap it out for the PZ30, but it still gives the exact same running issue. I check the valves first, clan carb, then try and run it again, and report back.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #7

Guys, ive posted a reply on the valve clearance thread after running into some bother, could you offer any advice?

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...=137235#137235

Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #8

Reading the above thread, I see you got your valve lash properly adjusted. Please keep us updated, and let us know if the valve adjustment solved your problems.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #9

Will do, im looking at reassembling the bike sometime tomorow afternoon. Im also renewing my fuel hose and fuel filter just to be sure. While i had the bike in bit, i also took the PZ30 carb apart and clean it out with an air line. Will post up a new thread about those carbs.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #10

Did you remove the jets to confirm that you can see light through 'em?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #11

certainly did, blew an air line through them, and through the chambers in and around the carb.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #12

Ok, so this evening i managed to get the bike together enough to start to see what she was doing.

So far, ive cleaned out the carb and jets and installed the PZ30 25/120 jets. Changed the fuel line from tank to carb, new fuel filter, also emptied and rinse the tank out to remove any debris.

The bike is starting, but seems to either need the choke on from cold or some throttling to get it going. Once its warm, its kind of idling, but at the same time, its also doing, what id call, running on. Basically, when you throttle off, the engine still revs for a short time.

Heres a video of it. Tell me what you think.

I just need some help dialing in the slow jet, im not sure if i want to adjust the idle first when hot, or later after the slow jet has been done. Also, how do you tune the slow jet properly?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #13

too much oil in it perhaps? put a bit too much in mine first oil change and it started running real poorly. drained the oil and filled the correct amount after checking a few times and ran fine.

does your engine have a sight glass on the side? im new to these type of bikes so dont know the setups of each one. but its an idea.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #14

I haven't touched the oil since 1000 miles ago, so there won't be too much, not enough I'd anything, but I think this is fueling related. Thanks anyways.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #15

I believe that to be a vacuum leak. I was working on TurboT's atv and found the same thing. In his case, the intake tube has a groove cut into it that accepts an o-ring, and the o-ring is supposed to seal at the head. The problem was that the o-ring groove was cut too deep.

I used a hillbilly solution and stacked two o-rings. It worked great.

Check for gasket or o-ring failure at either end of the intake tube.