Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #1

Just ordered a Bashan Brozz 250

Hey everyone, I've been checking out this forum and doing a lot of research over the last month on Chinese bikes and finally decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered this from Superior Powersports for $1600 shipped.

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...50db-brozz.htm

There's a guy on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7H...JULog5w/videos

who has ordered several machines from these guys and spoke pretty highly of them and he has been nice enough to post several good videos talking about the Brozz which helped me decide to take the plunge. I should have it in about 10 days or so. He got his MSO paperwork a week after getting the bike delivered which is pretty fast compared to other places I've read. Can't wait to get it together and start riding!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #2

Hi glad you joined us. I think the Brozz is the best bike in its class. I bet you love it.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Thumbs Up On the fence... Leaning over the fence.

dubbya1986, I'm excited to hear about your purchase. I'm in a spot similar to the one you've been in, researching for about a month. What made you choose the Brozz over other CBs? I'm looking at it for the drum rear instead of the disc brake, simply for ground clearance. (I don't have enough experience to get into a reliability debate on this kind of part.) I also like the USD forks and digital speedometer.

I'm this [|||||||||-] close to ordering one.

Merlin, what makes you say it's the best in class? I see you are a Bashan owner yourself.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
dubbya1986, I'm excited to hear about your purchase. I'm in a spot similar to the one you've been in, researching for about a month. What made you choose the Brozz over other CBs? I'm looking at it for the drum rear instead of the disc brake, simply for ground clearance. (I don't have enough experience to get into a reliability debate on this kind of part.) I also like the USD forks and digital speedometer.

I really like the looks of it first of all. The fit and finish look really nice from the videos/photos I've saw. The stock gearing is more suited for highway riding, the gauge cluster offers all the features I could ever want, the tires are more balanced for on road use, 49 state legal to register, the luggage rack, helmet lock, counter balanced engine for smooth upper rpm operation, japanese carb, has an alarm/remote start, I believe a good quality battery, and I think the chain/sprockets are supposed to be decent out of the box. Also the video of the guy who assembled his on youtube said his Brozz was the only bike out 4 that didn't have to have the carb messed with out of the box. He is supposed to be putting up riding videos soon from this past weekend after he got it registered.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

Merlin, what makes you say it's the best in class? I see you are a Bashan owner yourself.
It has the best of all the other Bshan's with out the rear disk. I dont go for that rear brake cylinder sticking down so low. Ive heard that the 2017 model comes with 18"/21" wheels. Not sure about that.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Grata on ordering your brozz. Jeesh Bashan is getting a lot of love this month.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #7

That bike does have an over the top rod rear drum brake and the chain adjustment is enclosed so you don't wreck anything on the rear while riding when you go for the triple on the trail and come up short just like Andrew.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #8

My friend Alan Tang (the guy from Excalibur with the crappy website but impeccable customer service that I tell everyone to at least call first for the Brozz/Shark) was at Kandi USA (the distributor for the Shark/Brozz) a few months ago, and he saw one of these being assembled there; he said he thought they had a better fit and finish than what he used to distribute, the TMEC 200. Since then, we have had a few first hand accounts confirm the quality. Heck, a couple years ago, when the Storm 250 bikes were selling like hotcakes, you could almost 'feel' the ear to ear grins those guys had (you can still find relatively recent videos and they are still grinning); currently it is the Hawk selling like hotcakes, but those need some work (carb/sprocket) whereas these are seemingly 'perfect' from new. If I had the cash, I would be ordering one from Alan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-16-2017, 02:36 AM   #9

CSC Tt250 or the Bashan Brozz 250? What do you think is a better buy?

Old 03-16-2017, 06:02 AM   #10

tt250 hands down but more expensive.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #11

TT is a great bike, but quite expensive. The Brozz is VERY high quality, so is also a great bike. But, it does have its quirks--19"/17" wheels and drum brakes are the only two, so if you can live with that, you are good to go.

The Brozz comes with street sprockets--17 tooth up front and 46 rear (it might be 47?), so is better suited to street riding. Not to mention--the rack (there is one available on the TT as an accessory) which I find very useful as far as commuting on an enduro goes.

If I end up moving to California, I would have to buy the TT since it is one of two street legal Chinese enduros for California (making it one of the few 50 state legal bikes), whereas the Brozz is street legal in 49 states (Californians need not apply).

There are a few Brozz members in New York state if you research here (SANY is one of them), so you might have people nearby you to ride with and compare notes.

CSC does back up its products very well.

When all is said and done, you will save about $600 with the Brozz, not an insignificant amount of money!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
TT is a great bike, but quite expensive. The Brozz is VERY high quality, so is also a great bike. But, it does have its quirks--19"/17" wheels and drum brakes are the only two, so if you can live with that, you are good to go.

The Brozz comes with street sprockets--17 tooth up front and 46 rear (it might be 47?), so is better suited to street riding. Not to mention--the rack (there is one available on the TT as an accessory) which I find very useful as far as commuting on an enduro goes.

If I end up moving to California, I would have to buy the TT since it is one of two street legal Chinese enduros for California (making it one of the few 50 state legal bikes), whereas the Brozz is street legal in 49 states (Californians need not apply).

There are a few Brozz members in New York state if you research here (SANY is one of them), so you might have people nearby you to ride with and compare notes.

CSC does back up its products very well.

When all is said and done, you will save about $600 with the Brozz, not an insignificant amount of money!
Thank you for your input. I would like to use the Brozz for more off road riding. Would my best bet be to just change the sprockets? I can save over $1000 getting the Brozz I see because of free shipping and not all the fees from CTS.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
Thank you for your input. I would like to use the Brozz for more off road riding. Would my best bet be to just change the sprockets? I can save over $1000 getting the Brozz I see because of free shipping and not all the fees from CTS.
The Brozz also has the on/off road tires on smaller rims this is more for the street. So you may also want to count on swapping the wheels for a knobby set.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #14

Got my tracking numbers today. The bike shipped out yesterday. Hoping to have by next Friday!

Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #15

This is great! There's been a TON of new bikes ordered here lately! Pics!!!!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350