Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

Just got a 2009 Tao Tao ATA-150B and now a ATA-110B

Hey guys. Stumbled across this site during a search. My neighbor down the street had this brand new Tao Tao 150cc 4wheeler sitting in her building out back. We had just purchased her grand parents 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with 46,000 miles on it for just $1000 and I asked her what else she had for cheap. I was just joking around when she said "I got a 4wheeler I bought and don't ride" My wife and I were just discussing a need to have one for our camping trips a few days before. I gave her $700 bucks for it. Her invoice of $1025 that she paid for it.

This thing has been run for only 2 hours before it was stored away for nearly 2 years. I cranked and cranked it for nearly an hour until I got it fired up enough to run it 2 blocks up the street to my house. It wouldn't idle but if you kept the gas on it a bit you could run this thing full bore anywhere. I put it up for the night and the next day NO LUCK! I couldn't get this thing to fire for nothing. After doing some research on this site and some others I found that I needed to fully clean the carburetor. I did so soaking it in a can of carburetor cleaner and then hand cleaning the jets. I found that the Pilot jet was totally clogged and the main jet had several holes gummed up. This thing had sat with fuel in it until the gas line had rotted and leaked all the fuel out of it. My last year's mower gas probably didn't help either.

Yesterday I got the carburetor cleaned all up, replaced the plug with a NGK and she fires up and purrs. I'm pretty amazed at it's power and speed. With both my wife and I it pulled us up a good hill. I'm 210 lbs and my wife is not a small woman herself. I was really surprised and how loose all the bolts were though. Today I plan on tearing it all apart and putting some lock-tite on everything. There's still a lot of the shipping plastic stuck between the body panels and to the headlights. Being a performance guy I can see myself toying with it to get some more out of it but for a campground worker this thing will do perfectly.