Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

What Are My Bike Choices?

I need help with model names and numbers.The bikes I have looked into are the Suzuki DR200SE,Yamadog(Yamaha) TT/TW200.I really like the Suzuki DR200SE.All of my road bikes are Suzuki.I found SpudRiders bike while searching out the Yamaha TT/TW200.I like it very much.Not to fond of the balloon looking tires on the TW200.I am not really fond of Yamaha because of a bad experience with an abused YZ125.I'm old enough to let that go and reconsider a knock off.With that being said,all of my other offroad bikes and atvs have been Honda.So I am open to Suzuki,Honda,and Yamaha knock offs.Street legal dual purpose/sport.The two that interest me the most are the Yamaha TT/TW200 and the Suzuki DR200SE knock offs,but I don't know what other knock offs maybe out there.I have lost touch with the dirt world since I started riding strictly road bikes almost 20 years ago.I am open to anything between 200cc and 400cc.I know some of the 200s are a little less that 200cc.Something like 196 actual cc.I prefer new, as it is hard to title a preowned bike bought out of state.I tried it a few years ago and it was a nightmare.I almost lost the bike and ended up in jail over an honest mistake.I digress.

Back to my questions.
What are the knock offs models I should consider?
What is the model based off?ex. DR200,TT200,etc.
Where is the reputable sellers located?I'd rather take delivery in person.
How difficult is it to get a bill of sale and manufacture statement of origin?

I am going to make a trip to the DMV tomorrow and speak to the supervisor to be sure I have the proper paper work when I buy.We don't have inspection here of any kind.However,anything with a MSO/MCO or out of state title is heavily inspected twice,at the buyers home and at the DMV.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben

Yes,I normally always write in full sentences.