Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

hydraulic clutch lever questions

hey guy and girls, this is my first post and I have just bought my first chinese bike a flywing mx 150 Dirt MX. it needed some work so I got it cheap. I have been fighting the clutch for some time now. it needed a clutch cable so I installed one. I found myself needing to use both hands to pull the clutch in, like the springs in the basket came off a monster truck! it would work find just super hard. I broke down and purchased one of those hydraulic clutch assemblies you see on ebay and other places and it finally came in the mail. it came to me completely locked up with foamy brake fluid in it. I flushed out the lines and all the small holes and ports and even what I guess you'd call the slave cylinder/lower unit and refilled with fresh dot4. now I need to know how in the world you can bleed this thing. I messed with it for about two hours yesterday and got it to work about 4 pulls while holding in my hand and it quits again. all the fittings are tight and not leaking so I am puzzled! if anyone can help id appreciate it. Im not opposed to going back to a cable either if there's a way to take the spring tension down