Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

2011 X31 Gio clutch cables breaking

My stock clutch cable broke within my first couple of rides on my 2011 X31 Gio. So I hopped on Gio's website and won a clutch cable for $2 plus shipping. It came to $36.11 total. I put it on the bike and rode it maybe a total of 10 hours, cable broke AGAIN yesterday while I was back in the middle of nowhere. Not fun!!!

I checked to make sure there was no binding anywheres on the clutch arm, and the cable has a free path to the engine and that the cable was not binding. BOTH cables broke off at the hsndle where the cable goes into the end. Just a cheap cable.

I am not the kind of guy to throw parts at something that has a history of breaking. I am NOT putting ANOTHER stock clutch cable back on there again.

Anyone here done a hydraulic conversion before?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=p5197.c0.m619

the price of ANOTHER stock cable plus shipping is a mere 32 cents less than this hydraulic conversion.

I am handy enough to make it work, but I want to know is it worth it? Will this thing break as fast a a cable will?