Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #1

Is a china bike right for me?

Hi my name is Jeremy VanSchoonhoven,
As you can tell from the title of this post I am new to this site and have a few questions. I already used the search and looked at the FAQ so pleas dont flame me yet.

I have spend the last two days on this site looking up stuff and have found it to be a great resourse for info on the china bikes!

I am thinking about getting a motorcycle to save on gas. I make a 40 mile trip to town and back twice a week and in my Jeep it costs about $10 a trip that comes to $80 a month in gas! if gas keeps going up I will be spending over $100 a month just to go to town let alone daily driving and trips.

I am looking for a bike that has all these qualitys.

#1 Can comfurtably go 55-60MPH on the flat.

#2 Gets at least 60-70MPG on avrage.

#3 Is comfturable to ride.

#4 Will be safe to ride without falling apart.

I have not decided if I want an Enduro or a street bike yet. do the street bikes ride a lot better on road then the Enduros? do they get better gas milage?

I am afraid that the enduro would not hold up to hard offroad use and I am a professional stunt bike rider so I might be tempted to get a little crazy on it and I dont want to hurt myself becasue I got a cheap bike and it broke.

I dont have much money to spend but for my use do you think it would be better for me to get a used Ninja 250 or go with someting like the lifan LF200?

Thanks for your time!

Jeremy