Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a China Bike wiki?
Yes 3 42.86%
No 1 14.29%
What's a wiki? 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 03:40 AM   #1

Anyone interested in working on a China Bike Wiki project?

UPDATE: Here's the link http://cb.apocryphalpublishing.com/

So I have enormously unnecessary amounts of storage and monthly transfer on my web host, so I was thinking of useful ways to utilize that space the other night while at work.

I thought maybe we could work on collectively compiling a wiki of useful information about China Bikes. I love the MediaWiki program, and I've used it for various other projects so I know how it works pretty well. My question is, would anyone else be interested in it?

We have a ton of great information here on this board, so I know there's plenty of potential contributors. The reason I suggest a wiki is because they are so genius for organizing large amounts of information and they tend to grow so very well.

We could have write-ups for various bikes, how-to guides, everything...

I've already installed MediaWiki on a subdomain on my server, but I don't want to seem like I'm link spamming myself, so I'll wait and see if you guys thinks it's a good idea and then I'll post the link. If people seem interested and it works well I'll go ahead and get another domain.

(Note to Frostbite: this is no attempt to steal your crowd . I just think it would be a good idea.)