Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #1

I dropped my bike

I got caught in the street car tracks, walking speed, feet off the pegs walking. I thought I was in the middle in between the tracks, but I was at a street car junction where they can turn. There were extra tracks heading off to the right and my wheel caught in the rut. My head was up looking for traffic. Bike went down hard. :oops:
Twisted forks, bent handlebar, crushed signal light, broken front fender, bent heat shield on muffler. :evil:

I pulled off the road and did some sidewalk surgery. I loosened the bolts holding the forks to the triple clamp.(?) Held the tire between my knees and twisted the handle bars till square, then re-tightened. That's when I noticed the right side of the handle bars were bent. I took both halves of my fender and carefully drove home.
Since I need a front fender to be legal, and I need my bike to go look for a front fender and handlebars, I've done an ugly fender fix. Glued the signal light, and straightened the heat shield. After buying a joe rocket jacket today and putting an $80 downpayment on a helmet, the last thing I can afford is handlebars and a fender. On the bright side I never liked that fender, and I didn't scrape a knee, or worse. :roll: Pics in gallery pg.8 End of album.(as soon as dialup will allow.)