Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprestine View Post
Are you talking of the honey comb I showed how to remove? I am quite surprised by this as the catalytic converter is part of the needs to meet the epa emissions standards. Are you sure that you have the 2013 bike? The only way to really tell is to use something flexible and run it up the header pipe when it is removed.
To be honest, I have not shoved anything through the pipe, but right where the pipes meet, there is no baffling of any kind. The guy who posted a video of his '09 bike a few years back which I believe is still on the Excalibur site and Mefast site mentioned something about taking it out on his thread (not in the video) way back when he was a member here and had a thread on his bike. My '09 did not have it, but since I bought it used, assumed that the previous owner(s) might have removed it. But my new bike, right out of the crate, did not have anything as far as what was visible to the eye when I had taken the exhaust pipes off. Just for 's$%ts and giggles' I took the front pipe off yesterday and nothing. But, now that you mention it, I should stick something flexible through both peipes to see if anything is inside the pipe out of visual perspective.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
163fml, 200cc, tmec, tmec-200, tmec-200-1