Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Grin 2009 Tmec 200cc w/ Street Package Setup Sprockets

I know that there are like 15 different forums about this subject... But I have yet to catch my exact bike with a sprocket swap. I have the 17T counter sprocket that came OE and don't plan to change it because of limited availability and possible clearance issues. The rear sprocket is a 56 tooth and I run a 140/70/17 rear wheel/tire setup. I've been sorting the bike out engine wise... But prior to the rebuild I am performing, the bike was topping out at what I presume to be 45mph (my speedo needle was broken before the restoration). I want the bike to be able to run at 60-65mph with out straining so badly. I have done the math and compared numbers from JT-Sprockets which leads me to want the gear range produced by using a 48T rear sprocket. That is a 2.82 gear ratio instead of the stock 3.29 ratio. I live in a busy suburb just north of Atlanta which means I am basically a rolling speed bump at the stock gear ratio. Has anyone been able to purchase or have a counter sprocket made for this bike? I have several sources of where to have one made, but what hick-ups might I run into as far as fitment? I bought my bike with no counter sprocket cover so I'm not sure what the outcome would be in terms of clearances.... I have a sprocket cover on the way though!!! I am just impatient with parts. Thanks for any help guys!