Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #1

Max RPM

Early this AM I got on the freeway to meet some friends for breakfast.

The traffic on I-15 moves at a brisk pace, so I was trying to keep the engine RPM's around 8,000.

I got to thinking about several discussions on Chinariders Forum about the speedometer / odometer error and how to correct the error. I believe that many of the forum members who have corrected the errors have needed to reduce the indicated numbers by approx. 10%.

What I was wondering, if the odometer/ speedometer originally overstate the true speed and mileage by an indicated 10% , then is the RPM that is indicated on the same gauge also overstating the actual engine speed?

Would this mean that if the bikes are going down hill, is it safe and within the manufacturers specifications to let the RPM's run up to 9900 RPM ( 10%) above the indicated levels?

I try not to run the bike above 8000rpm, which is approx. 10% below redline as indicated on the gauge, but if that gauge is not accurate, and 10% overstating actual preformacne, am I actuating keeping the RPM's at approx 20% below the actual true engine speed