Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyGirl88
Roketa Typhoon 125

Hi! I just got my Typhoon and am having a bit of trouble with the carb. I am hoping someone can be of assistance.

First thing is that the PZ20 carb seems to have 2 petcocks, although I am not sure what the lower one is for.

Second problem is that the carb is leaking all over. (before you ask Yes I did tighten all the bolts, screws etc on it.) I have taken it off the bike hoping that a good cleaning with carb cleaner will cure the problem. I thought that I might get some more ideas from you folks before I put it back on.

I love the bike, I better after all the trouble we have gone through to get that darn thing. Some dealers out there just aren't very honest or trustworthy. We found that out the hard way.

Thanks for the help!

DG88

I need to rephase a portion of this post...

I have 1 petcock on the left hand side of the gas tank, which would be "normal" and on the right hand side of the carb, under the choke, there is what appears to be a built in petcock on the carb. There seems to be no ryhme or reason for this "petcock".

I have looked all over the internet for information on the Dekni PZ20 carb and can't find anything that would be remotely helpful.

Oh and BTW if I wasn't totally clear I have a Roketa Typhoon 125CC.

I'm hoping someone else out there either has one and has had this type of expereince with it or has the knowledge that I obviously lack.

I suppose I should also state that I love the appearance of the bike at this point since I actually haven't gotten it started let alone ride it. I'm positive it will be a fun to ride. It was a great gift to get!

Thanks Again!!!

DG88