Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1

Curse of a little bike

I am blaming all ya !! I went out for a 65 mile off road winter adventure today . Frozen logging truck ruts , ice over small streams , and about an inch of unfrozen sand made for a very tired old man . But now the curse part . I am seriously thinking selling 2012 KLR650 and buy a Yamaha wr250x or a Honda crf250l . Man did I have fun flinging the little hawk around today . It's amazing how a $1500 bike gets treated compared to a bike triple its value . I went places today I would never consider with KLR ,,never . The light nimbleness was a huge asset . I really miss a super lite bike . Being I can haul a 300 lb bike on trailer behind wing I do not need top end . BTW today on pavement before loading it up with carb dialed in and Uni filter I was able to hit 57 mph with stock gearing . But she was not happy that high.35 mph it's a dream to ride . I have been down this little bike curse before , but this time is different as I have means to haul it where I wanna ride . Unlike riding it there . But a nicer off-road bike would be a great asset to my corral of bikes . The KLR may have to go.
Attached is pix of today , 16 degrees when I loaded bike on trailer 26 when we got home. Lots of ice in shaded areas . Hawk and I danced a few times , she handles quite well , I am super suprised . It does have its limits , but well worth the cash . It's like a early 80's jap bike is my best analogy of it .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.5 KB, 305 views)