Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #1

Opinions & Info on Hi-Bird 250cc QH-250-IIA (Nighthawk c

I'm a new rider (just completed the MSF Course) and I've been looking at a new bike and found a Hi-Bird QH-250-IIA on eBay. Great looking bike, great price ($1299 shipped). 250cc, more powerful and maybe faster than the 200cc LF200III I'm also looking at. URL is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...spagenameZWD1V

There are some things about it that concern me though, and I hope some people have some opinions or experience so I can make an educated decision.

* The tires are pretty narrow, more narrow than an actual Nighthawk. I worry it won't have the traction to be safe.

* Most 250cc inline-twin Japanese bikes say their top speed is 75-80. Is it realistic to expect a bike like this can go 65 without having to run at super-high rpms all the time? (the redline in the pictures is higher than 10,000 rpm which gives me hope)

* I don't know a thing about carburetors (I grew up in the age of fuel-injection), is it that hard to adjust a carb if I need to?

* I've heard that Chinese engines are solid, but it's the frames that are the weak spot. Is there any real risk of the frame snapping on me?

Thanks for any opinions on this. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on cheap beginner bikes I'd love to hear them.[/url]