Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM76 View Post
Ok here's where I am now:

Woke up this morning to a puddle of gas on the floor under the bike.
Took it all apart again. She is now at 110 jet, no washers on the pin at all, idle screw is 1.75 turns out. High end is maybe a hair off but I'm getting full throttle for the most part now. Starting the bike is harder than stock though. She wants to stall out like crazy. For the first two minutes I have to hold the throttle open a bit (the thumb screw adjustment for idle I have all the way in when starting as well).

The only place she bogs now is between 25% and 35% throttle and only in first gear (which makes no sense to me, why doesn't it do it there no matter what gear it's in?). Any tips on getting rid of that one little big spot? It bogs there once maybe twice, then continues on like it didn't happen. Just seem to have to get it past that spot.
There are only two reasons to have gas on the floor, assuming the fuel hose doesn't leak. Either the needle seat and valve is not shutting the gas toitally off, or float height set too high. Trying to tune the carburetor is a total waste of time and money until you have those/that issue resolved. You have to have a baseline to work from, so find the issue with the gas leaking out on the floor...ARH