Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhoard View Post
Alright... Lights are installed, wired and working great!!

Link to quick video of me hand shifting through the gears to make sure they all work right:

***SPECIAL NOTE: The wires from the harness are NEGATIVE. The secondary wire from the stock shift lights (BLACK) is actually POSITIVE. The lights will be wired in reverse. I blew the fuse by the rear left wheel the first time because I hooked them up "the right way". So remember that if you perform this mod. Damn Chinese!!!

I wrapped the new wires in loom and taped and zip tied it all. Also, I am going to add 2 more "box" mounting screws under the shift lights to hold the protective box secure.
A really nice job and a very useful upgrade . I plan on attempting to follow your lead and place shift lights on my recently acquired TaoTao 250 . My grandkids like to ride mine and this would be a big help to them and me . I am not familiar with how to wire this up so the different gears light it`s respective light . Could you please draw out a wiring diagram of your hook-up. Nice work , great idea.

I didn`t read far enough into the thread. I found your post great information on the wiring hookup .

Last edited by John O`Neal; 02-16-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding additional info.

Tags
250d, rhino 250, taotao, taotao parts