Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #1

Now officially a newby. TT arrived.

Can’t say enough good things about CSC that hasn’t already been said. Ordered my TT250 on Tuesday 4/10, it was shipped on Friday 4/13, got the paperwork on Tuesday 4/17 and the bike arrived the next day Wednesday 4/18. It arrived in perfect condition and fired up immediately. It idles at a steady 1200 rpm. I visually checked it over, cleaned the front brake, checked the oil and it was ready to go. But I couldn’t get to ride it until today.
Then I noticed the shark fin still facing the wrong way (forward). I thought it was a flat piece, but it’s kind of warped. So when I turned it around it comes within 1/4” of touching the chain. That doesn’t look safe. Are they supposed to be flat ?
So today I put 130 miles on it and then changed the oil, which had gone from clear to dark black, which I expected. What I didn’t expect was to pull out the screen and it was totally clean. Not one speck of metal or any goop as is typical. Unbelievable !
In just that short amount of miles the motor noticeably loosened up, the suspension went from stiff to comfortably compliant and the seat became my friend. The brakes work fine, the motor is smooth, neutral is no problem, the tires handle really good and the Apollo heated grips they installed are fantastic. I’ve got the rear rack but the top box is on backorder. Only $96 for the top box. Life is good.
I’m going to take it to 500 miles and then adjust the valves and change the oil again. Then it’s off into the woods for miles of smiles. At 1000 miles I’ll pull off the smog stuff. Registration took 10 minutes with no hassles.
Anyone on the fence about this bike should not be worried. It’s great.