Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #1

Yet Another Rider In Florida

Hi,
I'm also named Richard and live in Florida. I have been posting in this forum for a little over a week now, so I guess it is time to do an intro. My plan was to wait until I had my bike.

I was pretty sure I wanted to buy the Zongshen GS250 sport bike. (think Ninja 250 in flat black) But after seeing all the fun you dual sport guys are having I am beginning to rethink that plan. It certainly didn't help matters taking the MSF course this weekend.

They had two dualsports at the class and needed volunteers to ride them, so I took my class on a Suzuki DR200 and one of the other students was on the Kawasaki Sherpa 200. I loved riding that bike and it seems like it would fulfill all of my requirements for a commuter with the added benefit of some lite trail rides on the weekend.

Later this week I am going to head down to the local Zongshen dealer and see if he will price-match an internet dealer on a new Sierra. I can't see spending more than $1300.00 or so on that bike when I could order a Roketa or Lifan for $1030.00 delivered. I figure I will be spending the first weekend lock-tighting everything no matter what the dealer say was done in the "dealer prep".

By the way, for anyone who hasn't taken a MSF course, I highly recommend you do. I took a motorcycle safety course 20 years ago in Texas but retaking it was a great experience. It is nice to practice low-speed and emergency maneuvers on someone else's equipment. I aced the written test and lost a point for failing to down-shift during the emergency stop on the practical exam.

This is getting long winded, so happy trails for now.
Rich