Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2019, 12:16 AM   #10

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanoz View Post
The cc improvement may not be much, but my guess is the new cylinder race head makes more of an improvement than the bore. It comes with a more aggressively timed cam and roller rocker arms so it revs up much quicker. Also, the piston that comes with the big bore kit has much higher compression than the stock one; it has a more convex shape to it. There's not much more room for a larger bore due to the rods holding the cylinder and head in place. The steel lining of the cylinder it pretty much touching the rods with this kit so I couldn't imagine any larger big bore kits for this engine.
Yeah I agree it ould easily make loads more noticeable power--Even with my calculations that's still over a 10% increase in displacement plus if it has higher compression it can make more power plus a better camshaft can make a better power xurve across the rpm range with the new kit and like I said before perhaps the race head does add the neccesary cc to make it a 146cc. I hope to be able to afford it...some day.

Thanks for the tip on the carb!! . Too bad about the block off plate being needed--I hope that isnt too hard. I wonder if people are easily making their own block off plates or buying them hopefully cheap?

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Tags
big bore kit, vader 125, vader specs