Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2019, 02:50 AM   #6

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman55 View Post
My Benelli does 64mph stock. I did this yesterday. On 12" wheels, this is fast. Mine has fuel injection so aside from sprockets, there isn't too much to do with it. I know from my other bike, the computer is set to run stock, you change exhaust, intake, anything, it's not going to like it and you risk running lean.

which benelli do you have? not the Grom Killer T135? Or is it? I really might've gone with the T135 IF I had the extra cash when I ordered the Vader....

AND SOMETIMES I think why didn't I either save a little extra and/or just use the $1200 on an older used Big 4 Bike, not too fast, but either something I could grow into as far as the performance or I even setup a meeting to see a Kawa Eliminator--I think it was also a 125cc or 250cc tops and looked like a "Harley" style cruiser chrome in the adds--the guy only wanted $1300 in his Craigslist add...

BUT OTHER TIMES I am fairly happy with my purchase, I got my bike new with ZERO damage from shipping, I know the Entire history, so I hpefully won't have a "surprise" clutch job or tires that wear out inside the first season and couple thousand miles or whatever---Although, like just about everyone who ever ordered a clone bike, I do want new better tires, for now I am happy to wear the stock ones down as I finish the break in and do mods...WHICH brings me to my last point is I am very happy with this bike as far as I got it for being new, cheap, looks decent (though small) AND I got it to do mods mods mods!! Never ending mods to give me tinkering time in addition to ride time--its like therapy to me...I know the stock engine can go 5,000 to 20,000 miles without any rebuilding or clutch jobs as long as the rider knows how to shift ok...and whenever I get bored with the small engine then it's time for a $100 cylinder and piston BBK or a $350 150cc Lifan style swap, or the Holy Grail of Bolt On Swaps in the $650 ZS190cc swap AND if I'm feeling extra ambitious and a bit crazy then I Could but probably never would go with the difficult to swap in 300cc I think its a Honda engine a few people have done Youtube videos on. Its just an incredible bike for bolt on mods all over the entire bike ranging from super cheap to expensive-cheap...Might not be the best performance bike, but its lightweight so easy to manuever and puts a smile on my face with how it rides and the price and the mods so far

I was on vacation, I got back a couple weeks ago but it was raining the first week a lot. So this week I been busy but been riding more--Just got a VM22 Mikuni Clone carb with air filter, gaskets and new intake manifold, gonna throw on that carb and delete some of the vaccum leaks waiting to happen emissions stuff, plus got the must have fuel shut off switch with that, got gas and air lines to replace the stock that I know for sure will last most or all the bike's life--(although I AM actually really impressed with the quality of this bike because nothing has broken, even after taking apart panels multiple times they all still work and I have used ZERO Loctite and nothing has fallen off or come loose in the slightest,) Also I got the 17T front sprocket. I will throw all that on in the next day or within a week for sure, maybe post a couple pics.

After the new mods I will post a NEW TOP SPEED--looking forward to that 4 Sure!!! My current top speed --well I have only pushed the bike to 47 indicated and 45 GPS verified at close to 7,000 RPM with my carb not tuned and maybe the carb and clutch being tuned worse than factory possibly and from what I have seen others do with just the 17t sprocket and clone or Genuine Mikuni Carbs I think I can get it into the mid 50s maybe 55MPH at about 7000RPM even at my 200+lbs weight--I have seen one guy with these mods, plus freer flow exhaust and genuine Mikuni Carb going to an indicated 40+ MPH at like only 3000rpm to 4000RPm from what I could see in his Youtue vids he was hitting 40+MPH and his Tachometer with the RPMs wasn't really taking the right turn and turning the corner on the gauge at an indicated 40MPH--not sure how accurate his speedometer and RPM meter is from the factory plus with his mods...But if I can increase my top speed 5mph or 10mph and drop my RPM by 500 to 1000rpm or more versus factory then I am ok with spending the $60 for the carb with new intake and air filter included, fuel shut off, and jets kit!--and if I can achieve at least the extra 5mph or definitley the extra 10MPH with the mods and tuning at the same 7000 max RPM that I like cruising at then I feel good keeping this engine around for at least the rest of this year and maybe for years to come!! Heck That would even be really awesome because I could then throw on the Big bore kit and lower my rear sprocket teeth count to get another 5- 15+MPH on my top speed and really have a modded bike with still the core of the engine being stock!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me