Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

BMS250CRP Updates, Tires in ???

Finally got the BMS out on some mountain trails, and the mrs loves it. I love it. Read the tire issue below and any suggestions would be appreciated.

First, a little background....a few years ago the mrs tipped our old yammy 250 over and split her knee, acquiring what 30 stitches and pain from hell. She hasn't ridden much, in the mountains, on a bike, (lots of 4 wheeler riding, tho) since then. We chose an enduro as to use it as a grocery getter for a loaf of bread, post office, or a milk run. Speeds of 35 to 45 mph max. We are not going to use this as a commuter bike.

The entire ride was non aggressive, as the mrs was getting used to her bike.

Likes: shifts nice, sometimes neutral is hard to find, but not a problem.
Vibration is actually not noticeable, very smooth ride. Our altitude starts, in Pocatello, 4500 ft., we were at approx. 6000 to 6500 ft. in the nearby mountains. I checked the plug, burning normal. The shorter rear shock, I installed, worked. Everything on the bike worked as designed.

Dislikes: The rear disc brake not as positive. I will drain and install new fluid as per this forum guide. The seat is not very comfortable, as we cut it down, so that the mrs can stand flat footed. I told the mrs as she gets more comfortable with the bike, we can acquire an original seat. Because of the enduro tires, the mrs stated bike was squirrely in places.

Comments: When we got back to home, I took it on a 5 to 10 mile ride on the county, paved, roads. Personally, I had not rode it much. Runs and handles great, acceleration is acceptable. Other than the seat, no complaints. I am not sure what to do with the tires!!!!

I could gut the cat, but don't have time to reconfigure the jetting, and the bike runs very well as is. I have a TTR skid plate, that I need to install on the BMS, but, again, haven't had the time.

More comments: I rode the 2002, ttr225. NOT as nice of a ride as the BMS250. Then the fork seals started to leak, making it miserable. I figure I will ride the ttr this year, sell it, and acquire something for next year. I have put a ton of money into the ttr, but that is what a person gets with a used bike.

MORE COMMENTS: I have not licensed it as of yet for on road, but did get on off road sticker, as I don't really know if I had received the original MCO, or I cant find it. According to powersports max, they said they had sent it, last May or June. Therefore I requested a duplicate copy on July 7, and have been bugging them ever since.

Any suggestions on the tire issue will great be appreciated!!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".