Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #1

Considering buying Hawk or TT 250

Hello,
I am new here.
My name is Kevin, I have almost zero motorcycle experience. I want to buy a hawk or TT 250 and begin riding dual sport, starting with the many gravel roads I have access to in Loudoun County VA.
I have ridden mountain bikes for basically my whole life, so I expect many of the skills will somewhat translate over.
I have ridden a motorcycle enough to know how to shift and such. But literally not a whole lot more than that.

I run a custom fabrication company, mostly working in metal. Most of my money goes into my home or my business, which is one reason why I like the idea of these Chinese bikes, cheap! From the sound of it I’ll be working on it to keep it working well, and modifying them seems to be part of the fun for a lot of you guys. I dunno, they seem right up my alley.

So I wanted to say hi, and that I’m excited to learn from you guys, and get one of these machines. I’m wondering, should I wait longer and save up the extra money for the TT 250 or should I grab a hawk as soon as I’ve got the cash saved up?

I’m a bigger guy, like 215, 5’11, and I’m curious how the two bikes compare for suspension performance for 200lbs dudes? I’m losing weight but geared up and very fit I would likely be 200+ anyway.

I also am curious, how much of a difference does the counterbalanced motor make?

TlR- new to motorcycles, want to ride dual sport, should I get TT 250 or hawk 250?