Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #1

Powersportsmax

Powersportsmax

Sales/Delivery - A++
Service/Tech/Warranty - ... Well, you decide.

Sales/Delivery

I ordered a Lifan KPR200 2 months ago from Powersportsmax. I picked this dealer because there aren't any dealers near me (SW Virginia) and from where ever I purchase it would have to be shipped. They had the best price, best warranty, and free shipping. After googling for their reviews, I was having second thoughts. I did find a few positive reviews and went ahead and made the purchase anyway.

They offer a, I believe, 4% discount for checks and money orders. I asked if I could wire the money and get the same deal and they accepted the offer. That's a $96 saving for me! I wired the money on a Friday night and it was approved and shipped the following Monday. I took delivery of the bike that Friday. One week turnaround coast to coast.

The bike arrived in excellent shape. Was easy to install the handful of items that needed installing. The crate was metal frame and bottom with cardboard skin. The bike frame was bolted to the crate frame at the top and wired to the wheels with heavy wire. I put some gas in it, started it up, and rode it up to the house. I uncrated and set the bike up by myself. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's that easy.

The MCO was supposed to arrive automatically on or before the delivery date. Well, that didn't happen. I called and requested them to check on it and I had it a few days later. No problems at the DMV titling the bike.

Service/Tech/Warranty

First off, let me say that everyone that I spoke or communicated with was very polite and friendly. A couple of weeks ago, the check engine light came on and the EFI crapped out. The bike had 450 miles on it. NOTHING should be crapping out.

Anyway, I started my disjointed and chaotic journey through their service system. I won't go into detail here as there is too much to tell and to be fair to the dealer I feel that they genuinely wanted to help, but their system has multiple issues and I fell through the cracks.

Their system was so disjointed that I knew early on if I wanted to get back on the road any time soon I'd have to take matters into my own hands. I diagnosed the problem, ordered and paid for the part, and fixed it myself.

I love the bike, BTW. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll try and do a review on it when I get a chance. Would love to hear from other KPR200 owners. I have seen all of Ceasar1010's posts.

Last edited by Troy; 08-18-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Tags
lifan. kpr200, powersportsmax