Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #1

New Hawk

Hi all,
Wanted to write a thread on our new Hawk. The kids and I are in the middle of a small buying spree. We plan on starting home school for the kids and my wife thought we should have more for them to do at home, so who am I to argue.

One we ordered is a new hawk. As many of you know, I had a Hawk a while back (early 2016), and really liked it, but traded it to a friend for some AC work a couple years ago. I just wanted to comment on a some things that appear better to me now and small comparison to my brozz.

1. Shocks boots seems to be of better quality (old bikes never stayed in place and we're hard)
2. Wire loom (behind headlight) is a lot cleaner and better wrapped than my previous. My old bike may have been a fluke.
3. Of course gas cap is far better now.
4. No smog pump!
5. Black wheels are nice
6. Plastics seem to fit better and line up easier than my previous. (Could just be I'm more familiar)
7. A little less assembly than before (thank you kickstand spring), and better assembly from the factory overall.
8. Nice exhaust clamp.

In comparison to my brozz:
1. I definitely prefer the Hawks colored plastics vs my brozz painted.
2. Hawk feels smaller, though it's not really, sit further forward, and higher (not a bad thing just different).
3. Suspension on hawk is definitely harder, at least new.
4. Hawk as said before definitely better for more off-road mix, Brozz on-road in stock forms.

He doesn't know yet, but this is going to be my oldest son's. I have an Apollo dirt bike and two tao tao ATVs coming as well.

I'm pretty set on ordering one of the Brozz Recons as a 2nd bike for me.

Also, I did order one of the Brozz swingarms for it, a vm26, and chain to start the mods.

We love them both.
If anyone has questions on comparing the two, let me know.