Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2020, 12:16 AM   #1

Vader 125cc Won't Start, Just Assembled

Hello,

I have been a lurker a while now and finally pulled the trigger on the blue BD125-10, says 2020 model, I think Gen 2. Unfortunately the bike won't start. I will lay out what I have done tried so far and hopefully someone might have a suggestion on next steps. This is my 4th motorcycle and I would consider myself handy, but without too much experience delving deep into the bikes.

First-
Battery off: 12.56 V
Ignition switch turns lights/speedo on
There is play in the throttle
Gas tank full (no debris before filling)
Petcock set to open
Bike won't start (cranks, wont turnover I think)

Troubleshooting-
I tried to do my duty of scouring the forums and internet but here I am. I took the fairings off (snapped those two little tab bastards for the rear side fairings) and inspected for crimped hoses.
The only line that looks kind of pinched is the line that goes from the airbox to the transmission on the left side, gotta be like a 135 degree bend. But there is no slack to alleviate that.
I removed that one way thing off the gas vent hose and left that open, blew into it a few times..
I ripped that EPA can out from under the gas tank, gas line wasn't kinked.
Re-checked the slack in the throttle
Screwed the carb air ratio screw in all the way and then out 1.5 turns, then to 2 later

Tried to start again and still the same, cranks but no turning over. I am at a loss for what to do next. Not sure how to check the spark plug or starter, I don't have starter fluid and don't know where to spray it on this thing if I did or what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags
vader 125, won't start