Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Anyone diagnosed with Covid?

I think I might have caught the bug last weekend. My son tested on 6/16 and quarantined himself in an old trailer we have, a 1974 Silver Streak. At the urgent care he tested at a few days prior, the doctor told him that pretty much anyone who lost taste and smell was testing positive. My son also had a cough similar to a cold or flu. He never had a fever. Now, I have had a cough for months (since late March). I tested negative in early May when one of my supervisors was confirmed with COVID a week prior (he died on June 1). I also took another test (keep in mind that I have had my minor cough for quite a while) on May 26--negative. But, last Saturday I fell asleep, and woke up coughing (not really unusual all this time). However, I had a weird feeling in my sinuses. Something felt numb-ish, but it is hard to explain the feeling. I went to the fridge and grabbed my kids' chocolate milk; I could barely smell it. I poured a little bit and drank it--barely taste it. The next day I kept smelling things--I could smell them, but only a little bit. Also, taste was there, but I could tell I could not fully taste. Oh, and I have not had a fever the whole time (my work checks our temperature as we enter; my son works at the same employer). So, I tested this past Monday morning. There were hundreds of people lining up to test considering with all the cross-border travelers have made a massive resurgence here in Yuma County. I still don't have my results, but quarantined with my son in the trailer. Neither of us have any of the dramatic death-bed symptoms (obviously or I would be in a drug-induced coma waiting to be a statistic). I wear an N95 mask all day and night, and am sitting here waiting.

Has anyone else tested positive (I know, I am not officially confirmed)? Similar experiences?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard