Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2020, 12:56 AM   #1

Crashed my Motomax into a lake 10ft deep. Recovered an hour later. Is there any hope?

Not proud of any of this. Took one of my daily routes yesterday. Wearing nothing but my helmet, shorts, and shoes. Hit one particular left turn at 60 mph like usual except this time there's sand. Try to correct, but I lose control, smash over the curb on the right, and crash into a retention pond. My left shoulder and left temple of my head slam into the concrete curb separating the grassy bank from the water. Come to a few seconds later and realize I'm underwater. Thank God for my helmet. My head is completely submerged and my feet still aren't touching the ground. I'm 6'2". I try to swim down to retrieve my keys and phone that are still attached to the bike. Realize quickly that my left shoulder is severely injured and I can't move it, much less swim at all. I grab the grass bank with my right hand and pull myself out. Start walking, some guys in a truck stop, ask me if I'm ok and take me home after I refuse the hospital countless times. I shower off the slime, grab a sling and an Advil and head back to the pond with a friend, a Ford Ranger, and a rope. We spot the lights underwater, still on. An hour after she was submerged, she was on the back of that truck in all her mangled glory. I went home, took the spark plug out and laid the bike down to drain water from the engine and exhaust. The front suspension is twisted and bent. In the picture, the handlebars are actually straight, but the wheel is turned completely to the left. Other than the front suspension, fender and headlight, everything else looks good. Frame isn't bent as far as I can tell. Is there any hope for this flooded bike?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200726-201446.jpg (12.5 KB, 1453 views)