Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's what's happening here. Our "adopted daughter" (she adopted us) has been a straight A student her entire school career. Got accepted to a nursing school in SF last year. In class and clinicals, she kept her 3.8-4.0 gpa.....until Covid and virtual learning.
She struggled with her classes, there was zero one-on-one with the teachers, and got a D in Pharmacology last semester. The school canned her because she wasn't "up to their standards". She was devastated.
After multiple correspondents, they allowed her back in but she has to retake the entire semester. Yep....every class. Not just Pharmacology.

If anyone thinks that having your kids stare at a PC by themselves replaces actual, in-person learning by a trained instructor, they're kidding themselves.
I can relate to you 100%. I'm an "IT PROFESSIONAL" that works for a company that provides services to other companies
Which means that my tasks ranges from network layout schemes, Server deployment, VPN deployments and long list of task.
Due to the Covid outbreak i got an extra task, that is to help employees to work from their houses and is not easy for most of them.....
Some folks have a real hard to time adapting to home office and most of the time the employers will think that the employee is doing that on purpose to the point of firing employees with years and years working with them...