Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2020, 10:12 AM   #1

Boom Vader No Crank Troubleshooting

Hello! New to the forum and was wondering if anyone would be able to help diagnose an issue I'm having

Model: Boom Vader 2nd Gen

Issue: Bike will not crank. Solenoid will "click" and send 12v through the wire to the starter (verified with multimeter) but the starter will not crank.

Troubleshooting Performed:

Tried a jump box on the battery - Jump box goes into fault when the bike's key is turned on.

Replaced starter and starter solenoid

Tried jumping the starter solenoid - It will spark when jumping the terminals but will not turn over the starter.

Placed the battery on a tender overnight - Tender and multimeter confirm battery is charged. Bike is less than a month old so the battery should be fine, but I have not had it load tested.

Disconnected everything except the ignition switch and the starter button, no change

Tried running a wire straight from the battery to the starter - Starter still would not turn over. To me this indicates the new starter may be bad, but the chances of that seem so slim and unlikely that I figured I would ask here.

With the jump box going into fault with the key on, it's leading me to believe there's a wiring issue somewhere (could it be the ignition box?)