Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2020, 03:28 AM   #1

Hawk DLX Questions

I have five questions pertaining to my Hawk DLX 250.

1. Is it fine that I am putting standard car oil into the motorcycle. It is 10w-30 and sae rated.

2. The shifting lever does not quite fit properly. It wiggles around no matter how tight I make it. I think it might be causing some shifting issues, but does anyone else have this problem?

3. Are the sprockets the same for both the standard and DLX hawk? If so, would it be the 259 front and the 269 rear?

4. This question also pertains to the sprockets, but I cannot find an 18t front anywhere. My idea was to have a street pair (18/34) and an off road pair similar to the stock, maybe a bit more off road. I would have two different chains with the masterlinks that have clips so I could swap them. Does anyone make 18t, and if not does anyone make anything smaller than 34 in the rear? All I want to do is cruise comfortable at ~60mph for the street use.

5. How long is the break in period? I only have 50 miles on the odo, but will 100 miles be enough or should I wait longer to push the engine past 5,000 to 6,000 rpm?