Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2020, 02:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyunk View Post
I have seen zero about roller tipped rockers for the CG250. You installed a pair. How well do they work? You mentioned different push rods. Are they necessary to use the roller rockers?
How do you set the cam timing on the CG. I can't see the timing marks on the SG250 that I am working on. What is the trick to see the timing marks?
I have never split one before, so am in murky waters as far as I am concerned. Don't know if I have to remove the cluch basket etc to gain access to the gears inside the case. I just need to remove some bits of a HeliCoil that broke off and hopefully put it back together. I got the roller rockers on a whim figuring they'd cut friction. New cam too, just because it was a low cost option. From the same ali source I think you used. Any pointers on installing the rockers & cam? I have not taken the case apart yet, but will soonly and then put in the cam & rockers. Just no doc to work from...
tom

Added: Have you gotten the bigger cylinder yet? I understand a different crankshaft is necessary. Could be wrist pin diameter, or the actual piston weight imbalance normally incurred with BBKs.
tom
I have roller cam followers, not rockers. I got them from Aliexpress, but they are not difficult to find anywhere.

I expirimented with chromoly pushrods, but not for the rockers. I have since actually gone back to the original units and have been running them without issue. The chromoly units were just too loud and gaining too much gap when the motor got hot. For such a mild cam like mine, they really aren't necessary. Anything more aggressive and I would definitely recommend it.

Did you order the cam from WGK?

You should not need to even touch the clutch side of the motor, just the stator. Seeing the timing marks may require the use of a small inspection mirror, which is what I used.

As far as the bigger cylinder and piston, no word from the broker or seller. I have a feeling they don't want to sell to me because I can't verify to them what type of engine I have. I told them I was using it for an engine other than the one it is listed for, and they never responded.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124