Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2021, 03:07 PM   #11

Bennett Valley Rd. on to do list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Funny, I grew up in Bennett Valley, and my mom worked at that state hospital for a bit. So I know the area pretty well. I would be interested how the bike does in Bennett Valley RD, I think it would be a fun ride if it could manage the hills. The boomcat is what got me interested in china bikes again I was excited to know that china bikes were CARB legal and ended up going with a Grom clone due to more parts support. I think the boomcat is a cool little bike and enjoy riding along with you.
That's awesome! Maybe I can get her out to Bennett Valley rd.. It would be a nice little ride. Of course you know hwy 12 is a bit of a stretch with people routinely going over 60mph, but I'll bet I could hit most of the back roads to negotiate my way over to Bennett Valley. I will try to put that on the to do list and have a little video of it.

Sounds like you've done a lot to your Grom clone. How do you like it? The better parts support is certainly a worthy point. Does it have enough Gusto to get on Hwy 12 and run at 60mph? Seems like running at 60mph for any 125cc is maybe asking a lot. I've had the Boomcat to 55mph and it seems okay, but for me, its sweet spot is 45-50mph with a little top end reserve at those speeds. Maybe see you out on the road one of these days. Thanks for checking out my vid. Cheers!