Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2021, 07:52 AM   #1

Weird carb issue

Ok so I have been experiencing a weird carb problem. I don't know if it is related to my intake setup or not as I only experience it with this particular setup. Bike is using a pe30 carb cutoff nibbi intake (cut down for clearance purposes) 35 pilot 132 main. After running WOT or high rpm anyways then say letting off the throttle to corner when you just start to reopen the throttle bike will miss for a second. If I set the needle jet to its leanest position it happens less often. (This is intermittent anyways so I have to try and cause it to happen to diagnose which is a pita). Do you guys think I need a different needle jet or is this issue maybe the pilot being a touch rich? I was thinking maybe I need a leaner jet needle. Now when I use the stock intake with the nibbi adapter I do not have this issue although my jetting is slightly different, I imagine from them being different lengths and angles, But the carb still hits the frame slightly and I have air filter to side cover issues with that setup. This is one small quirk I have not yet been successful at curing. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated