Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2021, 10:07 PM   #1

2021 Hawk DLX

I've got a major issue I got a 2021 hawk dlx 250. I rode it for 3 days it's got a 15 amp fuse in it as the main fuse every single time I turn the kill switch it'll run position I blow the fuse I have taken that bike apart followed every wire there is no bare wires it has a key switch plus a kill switch with the starter switch I have tried everything to figure out what these constant short is I finally come to the conclusion that it is my fuel pump shorting out. The reason I Come to this conclusion obviously since I can't feel it the fuel pump or anything cuz it blows a fuse instantly it's because when I was riding it the last time before all this started it started misfiring cutting out like it was starving for fuel or fire is anybody familiar with this it's brand new it's still under warranty but I'm second-guessing myself on the weather it is the fuel pump now since the Killswitch doesn't do anything with fuel I cannot figure it out any thoughts the only way I can get the dealer to check it out is send it all the way to Texas and I'm not doing that I live in Indiana has anybody had any issues it's the brand new bike any thoughts or any advice would be great it's been down for 6 days