Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #1

New rider close to getting a TT250

Hello all! Just wanted to say hi because I feel like I'll be on here quite a bit in the upcoming months. I just finished my second MSF course and am planning on ordering a CSC TT250 in the next couple months. Once I started realistically trying to figure out which type of bike I wanted, it didn't take long before I landed on the TT. I'm "mechanically inclined" but know nothing about motorcycles, so I didn't want something used and needing tlc but can't afford a brand new Japanese bike, and this guy seems to fit the bill perfectly as the perfect starter bike. I've only ridden a dual sport of some kind for about an hour around a friend's property (other than the MSF courses), so I'm NEW new.

Sadly I live in the suburbs of Chicago, so there's not much other than a few designated OHV parks within a couple hours drive, but the plan is to move to Colorado in the next year or so and I'd have an infinite amount of trail options. For now it'll pretty much just be for the commute or random rides with a good friend that just bought a TW200.

As for the TT250, I've already decided to have them install the upgraded o-ring chain since I hear so much about the stock one stretching, as well as a 47T sprocket instead of stock 50T since my commute has a few stretches of 50mph roads. I'll get the heavy duty Zeta XC handguards, and most importantly since the 2021's are no longer in orange like I wanted I'll end up springing for a set of orange panels.

Anyway, that's all I have for now, so I'll see y'all on the rest of the forum!