Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2022, 04:09 AM   #31

Today I put the saddle bags back on the RX4 and it took some doing.... the right bracket is sprung to the point the bolt holes don't line up I had to spread the bracket apart and put in the bolt at the same time.... I did that by using a 1.5"x 1/8" bar stock about 4' long and wedged it against the tire and that bracket that bolts under the rear fender....
holding both saddle bags up and aliging the bracket with the bar and putting the bolt in with some blue lock tight on it took some doing....but getting the other bolt in just 2" away from that one went right in LOL ! I put blue locktight on every bolt I put back in there because those saddle bags probably will never come off again in my care !
I think I discovered something ...not sure but I think the Fuel injection system really wants to warm up first before you use it .... not like a car you can start the honda CRV out there and drive away imediately...but I think this bike almost demands to be warmed up at least a little bit because it acts like it loads up like you left the choke on if you try to use it...move it under power or something soon as it's warm it clears right up
so I'll try letting it warm up a minute or so maybe 2 minutes max and then try it and see if it still does that .... who knows it might be the fuel i filled the tank 3 months ago
and it's still full ....hehehehe been too cold to ride !
but today got to 70 deg ! WOOO HOOO ! we'll see if that lasts ! LOL
By the way are all you guys burning regular in the RX4 ? that's what I put in it for the first fillup and it's still a full tank 120 miles later ! LOL..... but hopefully those miles will change soon and get the girl broke in !

Bob......