Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2022, 05:44 PM   #16

indeed.... I put the spring I bought for the Bike on it again it's a 500lb spring and I left the tempary new lower link on there the seat height is right at 30" now and there is no give when I set on it.... that should keep the tire from rubbing as there is about 3" between the tire and the inner fender well now. it will probably mean the bike will beat me to death again but better that than the tire rubbing !
when the bronze get's here I'll make the bushing for the new lower link and take the older new lower link out.... i made 2 of the lower links one without bushings and 1 with
so I'll be done with it at that point I think....
I really Like this RX4.... I really do but it's huge weight is a major hinderance to me..... it reminds me of the 1100 Honda shadow I had ! i mean this thing weighs more than the 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc I have.... by about 50 lbs ! and that weight is up high.... not down low like the Triumph ! ....
I guess i was caught by surprise although I knew it was 450lbs for a 450cc which is
very heavy by anyone's standards..... I think I figured that weight would be low i don't know.... but when the majority of the weight of 450lbs is at crotch level that's quite high ! I'll probably hang on to it unless someone offers me $5000.00 and then I'll sell it.... but I doubt that will happen I think most people would pay $1000 more just to get it brand new off the show room floor !!!!
..... all in all I'm quite disappointed. I wanted a bike I could take on back roads and forest sirvice dirt roads with ease.... not a big heavy cruiser.... I already got one of those !!!
..... LOL.... if I was 25 years old again, it wouldn't be a problem in the least.....
I think I'll save my penny's and try to find a 175cc or 200cc and fix that up for my back road bike....
it's getting almost impossible to find a 250cc 2 stroke and if you do they are not licenses-able.
Bob......