Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2022, 02:43 PM   #1

Is there a special art to kick starting the Hawk 250?

I was trying to kick start my Hawk 250 yesterday and it just wouldnt start. Key was on, kill switch was to the run position, fuel on, choke on (and off - tried both) but it wouldnt start after several attempts. After a few tries, I tried holding in the clutch to see if that would work but it didnt. Does the clutch need to be pulled in while kick starting?

Just moments before attempting to kick it, I had it started via electric start and had it idling for several seconds until it stalled out when I turned the choke off too early. But when I pressed the starter button the second time, the battery was too weak to start it. So I then tried kicking it over with no luck.

I am aware of kicking it over on the compression stroke, but wondering if these bikes prefer more throttle while kicking? Or maybe it likes no throttle at all? During my attempts I was giving it small and quick twists of throttle during each kick.

So just wondering if there is an art to kick starting these bikes while I wait on a new battery. Thanks.