Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2022, 05:40 PM   #1

Matt`s Battle Scooter

Right, as I mentioned in the purchase thread this scooter kinda got dropped in my lap by my neighbor. It`s been sitting for a long time as it wasn`t working properly nor did it have enough power to carry my neighbor around fast enough (he`s a big burly guy). I`ve been trying to get it to run properly for the past couple days and found the airbox-to-carb boot was completely shredded so I removed that and replaced it with an oval power filter which the scooter did NOT like one bit. To make sure I tore the carb down and washed everything in an ultrasonic bath and taped more than half of the power filter shut. I eventually got it running but it`s still leaning out at WOT+ high revs even though the AFR air mixture screw is open literally "just a crack". There`s a hose coming from the exhaust and going to the original airbox so I unscrewed the hose nipple from the airbox, drilled a hole to the power filter and 2k epoxied the nipple to the pod with a backing nut on the inside, see if that does it once the glue has cured tomorrow. Probly gonna throw in a bigger main too as it seems to be wanting one.

Now to the name of the thread. I have a confession; I hate scooters. BUT one does not simply walk away from a free vehicle. I tried to look what these things would possibly sell for and the answer pretty much is they don`t, nobody wants them. I`ve also been hankering for a dirt road ripper actually eyeballing 125cc ADV type bikes so figured why not put two and two together. The current plan is to ride it as is for this summer or until I grow bored of it, then when the time comes rip ALL plastics off and make this a "theme build" with knobbly tires, possibly a jerrycan tank on the left side, an ammo box electrics container on the right and whatever takes my fancy to make this a post-apocalyptic paramilitary zombie hunter Likely gonna add a faux spine tube with a fake tank to make it look less like a scooter etc, that is to be determined once I see it naked.

Anyone up for following such a build? I`m probly gonna do it anyway but not much point bothering to document the process if no one wants to see it LOL.

OH, forgot. The scooter in question was sold here by the name Rally USA Grido 50, but it is originally a Longjia Grido HB2.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad