Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2024, 08:23 PM   #1

Tire opinion???

I will be putting at least a front tire on my KPX, but possibly both. The ones I am concidering are the Dunlop D605, the Kenda K270, and the new offering from Tusk the Waypoint, which is a little more road friendly than the Tusk DSport. The only tire that I have personal experience with is the Dunlop D605. My goal is to have a little better mud tire than stock on these bikes, which is terrible. They are good on the pavement, and fine in gravel, but as soon as they hit fairly greasy mud, the bike tries to slide out from under itself. I also want safe 55-65 mph on pavement, some of which is curvy. The Waypoint looks great, but is evidently a 70/30, or 30/70 , but it is evidently 70 percent dirt, and 30 percent road, and they only have one front, and one rear available. They have the proper front size 90/90-21, but the only rear they have is a 130/90-18, and the stock is a 120/90-18. I looked at the tire conversion charts, and there's about 3/4 inch difference in diameter. There's not much difference in the price of the front tires, the Waypoint, and K270 are both in the high $50s, and the Dunlop 605 is mid $60s. I'm thinking about just get a front for now and run with the stock rear that has plenty of life. How would the bike act/ handle with a more aggressive tread design on the front, and less aggressive rear. Any input on any of the tires mentioned is appreciated.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0D34...4JJB9KPU&psc=1