Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #1

Today's "fetch-up" in New Brunswick Canada

I bought a $50 Jawa moped last year, worked on it over the winter, and now it's ready to transfer the title/plate.

I arrive to do the deed, title, bill of sale, insurance papers, and, of course, my smiling face.

Ok, so you don't have a "book value" for such a thing, it's a moped, here: I paid $50 for it, how much can it be worth?

Oh, you want an appraisal, on a $50 moped?

(I shuffle out to get a $50 appraisal)

Ok, I have your appraisal, here's the paperwork.............oh, in your estimation the signatures don't match. Are you suggesting I am trying to do something illegal here? Oh, you want me to track down the last owner and do what? Can we simply call a police man and see if he thinks I am trying to do something illegal? No eh?

Do you normally treat folks willing to pay you money like a criminal?

Oh, you're not doing that? The appraisal wasn't you thinking I was trying to shortchange the tax? Oh, and the signatures, are you implying I'm trying to do something illegal? Listen: I bought the thing in good faith, the guy signed off on it, I don't care how the signatures look, I did not sign it, if his signatures appear different that is not on me, it's on him.

The saga continues Monday.