Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #1

Idle issue

O.k. folks....
Got an 'X-Moto Lifanoid' like so many others here....Honda clone unit. I swapped it for my Hensim 150DB a while back, as some may recall.
Been running great after all the "usual CB fixes"...(valves, carb, breather, muffler)....then....I started having this idle miss intermitently happen. Not all the time. Just sometimes.
It would do it when I first fired it....then after a heat up and shut down...would idle perfectly. Sometimes it wouldn't do it for weeks! A PERFECT idle....even cold!
Mind you....with how bad the weather has been here and trying to ride it 'off road only'....I don't have a lot of miles yet. I just got it a couple months back and it has about 100 dirt trail miles on it, so it's not even broke in.....though I have changed the oil.

I changed a plug from the stock China unit to an NGK and it seemed to clear it up.....then it started again. I put in another plug....same thing. I took out the coil and clipped the ends of the coil wire and re-screwed them in like I saw posted here....same problem.
It's been getting progressively worse over the last week. Now...it will actually kill the bike at idle.
You spank the throttle and it revs GREAT! You take it out for a ride under load....not a problem. It's idle and 'no load' lower rpm's. "Poppity-pop!" "Grrrrr.....POP! Grrrrr......POP!"

Anyone had this happen? I have my CDI unit on in my lunch box now to take to my CB guy and see if he has a replacement.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of miles! 8O

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350