Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #1

Zongshen ZS12532 Engine Seized HELP

Bought the bike on friday and it had only done 106 miles and it had been sitting redundant for the last 18 months. Older owner and she lost interest basically. Drove about 200 miles the last 48 hours and was breaking it in gently. However started having problems with the electrics. Think the battery needs replaced and made plans to do this tomorrow. Tonight driving home it wouldnt let me have ma lights on and indicate at the same time. No indicator flash would just screech but when I turned lights off it would work fine. Thought it was the battery so thought oh well will fix tomoz. Driving home at around 45 mph and the bike cut dead and the back wheel locked. Bike slipped to the left and luckily not the right otherwise I would have been ran over from the 3 cars that went past. So i managed to steer into the way the bike was slipping and pulled up with no engine power. Kick start pedal locked which indicates the engine has sezied. bikes fecked now and wont start obviously. Anyone had this problems. Whats the cost. What needs done etc. Gutted. Spent my whole wage on the bike :(

Any help or advice please!