Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #1

Zongshen V250 Storm

Anyone got a V250 Storm from Zongshen? I inquired but I understand they are not available. Seems like it has potential. I was going to PM Phil but I am hoping he responds here so we can all learn a little.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #2

i have 2 but then i may be one sided on my judgement
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 07-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #3

Phil, what is your opinion o them, and do you think Zongshen is making them or just labeling them? I have a great deal of respect for your opinion and knowledge, you are a very valuable member of this site.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #4

if it says its a zongshen on the bike and its listed on their (zongshen) website it is made by them according to everything that i have read the factory would compare to one anywhere in the world. now my thoughts on the bike. looks much better than most in the price range looks much better with saddle bags, that i have put on both of the ones i have. the engine is nice even though i may be the only person to have trouble with one, but i cought it before it left and zong done what was expected and fixed it. the engine is a copy of the yamaha just like everybody elses,(lifan hi-bird that may be lifan, etc.,) they must be pretty good why would everybody use it. ride is good and has more seat of the pants power than a rebel. and its more full sized than the others i have seen now the downside i have seen better finish more color choices. more metal, more chrome better looking bikes like the hi-bird chopper, johnny pag there are many bikes that look better but they all have the same engine, a yamaha copy made by lifan or zong. i wouldnt give 2 cents for the diffrence between the two, but zong i know will stand behind it and zong is the cheapest so thats my pick and why i carry them, and the parts for them. now the biggie question how far a road trip do you have to make so we can haggle on price

Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #5

That is the bad news Phil, I live in Wisconsin, and that is a bit far. I am already looking for next year though. What does one of these cost? And is there any way we can get into the Zong site? I have tried but I need a password.

How smooth is the engine? What speed will this bike maintain on the highway with out strain? And thanks for the reply!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #6

There is a change in the works on these bikes, I have seen pics of one with two mufflers and one with only one muffler. Anyone got any info?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #7

i havent seen the new models but according to what i was told minor changes mostly add-ons wind sheild and bags if there is 2 mufflers its likely a dummy as i dont think with the design duals are possible, my guess is "borrowed stock photos" perhaps from other countries

Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #8

Thanks for the input, I am guessing that change is coming. We will see. Are the ones you have in stock 09s?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #9

mine are all leftovers i have added saddlebags, did i mention my sales are slow, anyhow the storm has by far been my worst seller, im hoping to reduce my inventory to one :wink:

Old 08-13-2022, 10:38 PM   #10

Lol love the mention in a previous post Zongshen stands behind their storm lol.
2022 and it's now classified top secret. Clearly Zongshen will never have a solid footing in the states without support and parts even for obsolete motorcycles.

Then again explains why they no longer sell here