Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2024, 05:34 AM   #1

Thanks! After making many decisions, and mounting lots of components, I still had to make a blueprint/plan. The controls set has hi/low beam selector, but no on/off switch, so I am using a relay with fused power directly from the battery. But these relays have one channel, so the power still goes back to the switch. It connects relay output to either hi or lo output. I couldn't figure out a way to go straight to the led bulb since this is only one channel. Well, it is at least a relatively low amp led bulb. My small 4.2 amp PS is enough to light both beams, so I decided it will be OK.

The horn button uses no relay, but it also sounds off fully with the low powered PS, and it's not like I will lean on it for more than a split second. The horn works with either polarity-doesnt seem to have a preferred ground.

Dealing with the ground lead for all of the devices was interesting. I am using a 10 gauge wire from the battery, and there is a similar wire to the frame by the cradle. No starter, but the engine has continuity with the frame.

I decided not to add a reg/rec at present, but rather, a tender lead for charging in the garage. I am not sure the stator has sufficient output to handle a charging system. There are aftermarket stators, so I may eventually go there.

I had to buy a battery retainer bracket since this model has the same tray, but comes with no battery, or charging system for that matter! It's an OEM battery retainer, but from eBay (system pull). Fortunately, the tray/cradle is identical to many sub-400cc models. I haven't selected a battery yet. Need to measure the cradle once I get the retainer. Haven't decided whether to go Lead/acid or Lithium. I am pretty sure Lithium is the way to go. I think the OEM battery is Lithium on those other models.