Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2024, 07:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The tail light wiring is zip tied to the left lower luggage rack mount (good) but the connectors need to be wrapped and then ziptied back.

They've wired it the exact same way as the Storm 150 DLX that I have.

Quote:
And I noticed the glaring 172FMM-3A stamp as well. Now this is puzzling. This "3A" stamp was on the early 6 speed engine I bought, then sold. I thought they were just using up left side -3A case halves, but they still mark these -3A . Isn't it a "-5" ???

I don't understand the way parts are freely cloned and crossmatched on Chinese products. It must be confusing for engineers and assemblers!

I wonder if it's to get around import or emissions restrictions? That's the only thing I can think of.

Quote:
And yes, I do wonder how difficult it would be to put a liquid jacketed 298cc engine in there and mount radiators to the air louvre positions

I have a CB300RL that's on it's way to me to swap into the Templar, looking back I should have gotten a water cooled engine but then again I made the order before the bike showed up and I know that the 300RL is a direct swap. Maybe after I sell my ZRX1200R and the GSX1100G I have sitting in the garage I will get a water cooled bike off of Alibaba instead of paying the crazy Kayo/GPX prices.