Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #151

Ah. The GREAT American Northwest!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #152

So hows the bike been now-great write up! :)

I am really thinking about buying this bike after reading this--especially because of the height,
its very tough for 6' 3'' guys to find decent dual sports... So hows the bike been now??-great write up!
thanks! :P

Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #153

Quick update. Waldo continues to improve. I've found that indeed the suspension is set up stock for a chinese family of four!!!. Get 300 plus lbs on the bike and the ride improves vastly LOL. Or, you can adjust the rear shock tho its tough to manuever in there to get at the adjustment ring.

Locktite continues to be a life (and gear) saver. No more loose bolts, just the one previously mentioned that I'd overlooked.

One thing to do pronto is to check the airbox and airfilter. Mine was all monkeyed up and was leaking raw air, fortunately caught it first day and subbed out for a Uni filter which improved idle, driveability all around etc. as you would expect.

I had heard that the lights on these bikes sucked, but my 35wat headlight is plenty bright for the speeds this bike can go. Havn't switched sprockets yet but going to pick one up. I keep up with the chain lubing and the chain has quit asking to be tightened all the time.

Now, this could be significant. I have read on this forum and eelsewhere about vibration complaints on the Lifan bikes, and note that Lifan has gone to counterbalanced engine. I rode one of the non counter balanced Lifan's , i believe a gy-2 the other day, and at 4k rpm it made your butt buzz. Waldo does nothing of the kind, and is comparatively speaking almost vibrationless at higher revs (lower revs too . In any event, I would not ride that Lifan for very far or very fast. The vibrations were really obnoxious and it was a near new bike.

In any event, I've just completed my matching trailer for Waldo and will put up photos in the next day or two.

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #154

Well done continuing to update us, i can't believe how many views this thread has! how many miles does your bike have now?

Way to go Waldo!

happy riding...

Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #155

re miles, coming up on 300. Painted the woodwork on the trailer today and will mount everything up and take photos of the final product tomorrow, with the bike mounted in its rack. Have put a lot of work into the trailer and the box design, decided to use the bottom frame of the original crate as the rack for tying down the bike to keep the wheels from moving around. You'll see in the photos. Anyway, absolutely no problems with Waldo. I did take it up into the mountains two up and nary a cough. He's a great little trail bike.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #156

They are great trail bikes!