Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2023, 06:19 PM   #166

I'd have to agree...the engine likes to make peak torque in the lower rev range. So a taller 5th gear tends to lose its push factor at higher rpm.

the big bore kit has just enough added poke I find to make the 2.6* ratios more accessible with less penalties/drop offs.

Im not sure how you worked out your ratios as all the sprocket ratio charts online put a 16/44 and 17/47 at about the same 2.75 gear ratio

Old 09-13-2023, 08:31 PM   #167

Sorry no link on exhaust,Wheres you skid plate? You need one, one small rock could break you engine case.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:12 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Im not sure how you worked out your ratios as all the sprocket ratio charts online put a 16/44 and 17/47 at about the same 2.75 gear ratio

They are just straight ratio between sprockets, no transmission taken into account.

Where do I get a skid plate?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 09-14-2023, 03:04 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Yup, it's a concept taken directly from automotive terminology called the final drive ratio. When choosing sprocket(s), you can calculate an accurate percentage change from OEM final drive ratio which translates accurately to change in speed at any RPM (in any gear). Change in percent is a really useful way to select your new sprocket(s) if you want to drop RPM at 60 mph, for instance.

I used it to drop speed at same RPM when I selected sprockets for better off road performance and a bit more torque in tight situations on trails. Yes, I wanted to gear down, not up !
Of course, it works both ways.

Last edited by Thumper; 09-14-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Old 09-14-2023, 01:53 PM   #170

My wife cracks me up. She likes to watch those ghost adventure type programs and she's into one on YouTube where the guy just got some property and him and a buddy are out investigating, riding around on some kinda small bikes, either pit bikes or trail bikes. She calls out to me, "This is the bike I want." I put down the Xbox controller fast and came to see what she was talking about. No clutch, looked like little 3 speed dirt bikes with no clutch, like a Honda Trail 90. The moment I explained she has to switch gears with her foot, she soured on them. I was all, but NO CLUTCH! So, she needs something that can do well on trails with no shifting of gears. Like a scooter with nobby tires or a small bike with a scooter type motor/drive system.

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 09-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #171

This looks promising...

https://www.amazon.com/X-PRO-Automat...78&sr=8-3&th=1

Old 10-16-2023, 12:12 AM   #172

As promised, I finally got a video of my little loop around my neighborhood. When I go riding, I'm either going for a ride or just gonna do some "laps".

Make sure you put the quality setting to 1080P, that's what I shot it in and it looks much better.

Last edited by bigdano711; 10-16-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #173

Just went for a lap around the hood...35*, feels like 29*. Hawk was a little tough to start. Had to go full choke and throttle opened up good (around half to 3 quarter) before it finally barked off and stayed lit. Let off throttle and she dies. Got her going again, switched from full to half choke, and finally choke all the way off and got her to stay lit with no choke. Not bad, little China bike, not bad at all.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #174

I plan to ride as much as I can but since I am moving in a few days to a much more convenient and less tweaker infused neighborhood, most store runs for small things will be on foot. I need to walk more anyway. Are you still running the stock carb? Anyway, enjoy it! Good times.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:49 PM   #175

Yes, still running stock carb with all stock needles and settings. Haven't pulled it, yet. I have a ColorTune on order, will be here soon. I read a review on it and a guy said with all the plug chops he's done over the years, he could've bought the ColorTune many times over. He loves it, and that was enough to sell me on it.

Less tweaker = mo' bettah. Casper, WY is where I landed when I split outta Cali and they definitely have a tweaker problem. Night Of The Living Dead, if you ask me.

I put the liner back in the Fonz jacket and was pretty good up top. Have thermal underwear, motorcycle pants and motorcycle boots on order as well. Was a bit chilly south of the border with just sweat pants and Skechers Sport's. I frickin' love it, man! Wake you up in the mornin'!!!!

Old 10-28-2023, 09:46 PM   #176

Hawk Moon Rising

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HawkMoonRising.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	30287  

Old 10-29-2023, 04:11 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Yes, still running stock carb with all stock needles and settings. Haven't pulled it, yet. I have a ColorTune on order, will be here soon. I read a review on it and a guy said with all the plug chops he's done over the years, he could've bought the ColorTune many times over. He loves it, and that was enough to sell me on it.

Less tweaker = mo' bettah. Casper, WY is where I landed when I split outta Cali and they definitely have a tweaker problem. Night Of The Living Dead, if you ask me.

I put the liner back in the Fonz jacket and was pretty good up top. Have thermal underwear, motorcycle pants and motorcycle boots on order as well. Was a bit chilly south of the border with just sweat pants and Skechers Sport's. I frickin' love it, man! Wake you up in the mornin'!!!!
I have my demons, booze and smoke. I've seen first hand what meth does to people. It doesn't kill them like heroin or fentanyl...no it turns them into monsters that would arguably be better off dead. Sad but true.

Old 11-23-2023, 08:18 PM   #178

Uploaded a new video. I got the digital dash and the Nibbi PE28FL installed. I appreciate any and all feedback. I think I got the tune pretty close.

Old 11-23-2023, 09:18 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Uploaded a new video. I got the digital dash and the Nibbi PE28FL installed. I appreciate any and all feedback. I think I got the tune pretty close.

Them clusters are pretty nice, I put one on my Hawk, but never did change my TBR7 to one, because it actually had an accurate speed O. It was way off on my Hawk, and even though a lot of people consider a gear indicator pretty useless, I like having one. Your gas gauge will likely be far more accurate as well. My Hawk was still way off , and reading higher than GPS speed, so I changed the wheel size in the cluster setting to ,I am thinking 19", and it's just about perfect.

Old 11-24-2023, 12:37 AM   #180

Gonna have to check it against a GPS...good call. My speedometer needle started jumping all around, so it was time. I dig the digital dash but I still look at my inductive tach for tuning.

I still get the bog when I crack the throttle to half or more, but it's good to 1/4 throttle. I have been leaning the needle one clip position at a time and I *think* it's getting better. I will know for sure when I adjust it again. We just got hit with snow, so I may be down for a bit. I'll have to start shoveling soon. Also, I came down quite a bit on the Main Jet, so it makes sense I'd have to come down on the pilot, right? Still running the 40 it shipped with, thinking of trying a 38. It shipped with an optional 35.